Lotus Durham service?

Authorised Service and Warranty Dealers for the North East of England and Scottish Borders.
SCRken
Club Member
Car Type: Lotus Elise S club racer
Car Colour: Toxic green

Lotus Durham service?

Post by SCRken » Tue 23 Aug, 2016 11:41 pm

My car is due it's 2nd year service inc SC belt

I'm on a service plan so has to be official service agent and F1 would have been my first choice but are closed. Carlisle would be my next choice but it's a bit far so a full day wasted really

Has anyone used stoneacre Durham yet for servicing? What are they like?

I need it done properly so don't want to let just anyone at it

Cheers

ad S
Car Type: Exige 350 Sport
Car Colour: Signature Orange
Mods: 2bular

Re: Lotus Durham service?

Post by ad S » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 6:43 am

Tried to book mine in for warranty work with them, then ended up driving to Carlisle

http://lotusownersnortheast.co.uk/viewt ... =53&t=4722

mtm81
Club Member

Post by mtm81 » Thu 25 Aug, 2016 7:12 pm

I went last month and didn't have any problems..

For a basic service of a common garden k series engine doesn't need anything special so I was happy.

Would I use them for major work and/or more track focus stuff - no.

SCRken
Club Member

Post by SCRken » Fri 26 Aug, 2016 12:55 pm

I've booked in with them as he was able to squeeze me in a while you wait appointment next week

It's only and oil chance and SC belt isn't rocket science so hopefully should be ok.

marcfair
Club Member
Car Type: Lotus Elise S2 Sports Tourer
Car Colour: Ice Blue
Mods: Yellow stuff pads & Ultimax Discs
Otherwise Original !

Post by marcfair » Fri 26 Aug, 2016 8:44 pm

let us know how you get on

Roadboy
Advertiser
Car Type: Secret squirrel build project, S1 Exige museum piece
Car Colour: Yellow/Silver
Mods: More of a rocker myself!

Post by Roadboy » Sat 27 Aug, 2016 7:17 pm

SC Belts have been on back order with Lotus for months so will be interesting to see what they do there.

Dan
British Sports Car Services Ltd - Lotus, TVR, Noble and more
http://www.britishsportscarservices.co.uk

SCRken
Club Member

Post by SCRken » Tue 30 Aug, 2016 3:34 pm

They have 3 in stock so it's ok

Went in today to speak to the mechanic and he showed me the belt in the wrapper ready to go

P-K
Club Member
Car Type: S3 Elise
Car Colour: Yellow

Post by P-K » Wed 31 Aug, 2016 3:17 pm

Got my Elise in for it's third service and MOT tomorrow.
I'll let you know.
Phil
Darlington

SCRken
Club Member

Post by SCRken » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 12:05 pm

I saw your car while I was there. You pulled in about 5 mins after me.

So my car got done at Stoneacre Durham today and I'm totally satisfied with the service.

The gave me a while you wait appointment at very short notice as I don't like leaving my car and hey we're very helpful and obliging when I asked to speak to the mechanic beforehand.

Start to finish was 3 hours for service inc SC belt (which no one else I phoned had in stock) and my car was returned to me as clean and undamaged as when i handed it over.

A new boot cable was ordered under warranty and the mechanic invited me into the workshop to have a look under the car while on the lift.

The mechanic was very enthusiastic about the brand and genuinely seemed to take pride in working on the car. My quirks were dealt with without issue (used my own castrol 10w60 In returm for 6 litres of 5w 40 which will go in my van!)

They gave me a health check sheet, a marked up service schedule tick sheet and a data print out of engine performance and diagnostics - never had this from another service agent before, which was a nice touch.

All in all I can't fault them at all and will certainly use them again for its 3rd service and 1st MOT next year.

the ref
Car Type: S2 Elise 111s
Car Colour: Red
Mods: this and that

Post by the ref » Thu 01 Sep, 2016 1:41 pm

:) good service.
SCRken wrote:I saw your car while I was there. You pulled in about 5 mins after me.

So my car got done at Stoneacre Durham today and I'm totally satisfied with the service.

The gave me a while you wait appointment at very short notice as I don't like leaving my car and hey we're very helpful and obliging when I asked to speak to the mechanic beforehand.

Start to finish was 3 hours for service inc SC belt (which no one else I phoned had in stock) and my car was returned to me as clean and undamaged as when i handed it over.

A new boot cable was ordered under warranty and the mechanic invited me into the workshop to have a look under the car while on the lift.

The mechanic was very enthusiastic about the brand and genuinely seemed to take pride in working on the car. My quirks were dealt with without issue (used my own castrol 10w60 In returm for 6 litres of 5w 40 which will go in my van!)

They gave me a health check sheet, a marked up service schedule tick sheet and a data print out of engine performance and diagnostics - never had this from another service agent before, which was a nice touch.

All in all I can't fault them at all and will certainly use them again for its 3rd service and 1st MOT next year.
How much